access for all
Committed to excellence in serving all stakeholders including people with disabilities
Accessible Service Plan
The Plan will ensure that its employees are trained and familiar with various assistive devices that may be used by people with disabilities while accessing our services.
The Plan will communicate with people with disabilities in ways that take into account their disability.
Request for documentation in accessible format
The CAAT Pension Plan is committed to providing its publications to all its stakeholders and will take reasonable actions to provide other means of access to information that persons with disabilities may require.
If you require publicly available Plan documents in an alternate format, please contact us by email at email@example.com and include your contact information and the name of required document, the format requested (e.g. large print, hard copy, email, html, etc.). You can also contact us at 416.673.9000 and make your request by phone.
It might be necessary for the Plan to discuss other possible formats with you. Alternative formats will be provided within a reasonable time, or an explanation will be provided for any delay longer than 15 business days.
The Plan welcomes people with disabilities and their service animals. Service animals are allowed on the parts of the Plan’s premises that are open to the public.
A person with a disability who is accompanied by a support person will be allowed to have that person accompany them on the Plan’s premises. Authorization will be required to divulge confidential information in the presence of a support person.
Notice of temporary disruption
In the event of a planned or unexpected disruption of the accessible access to the Plan’s premises a notice will be posted. If a person with a disability has made arrangements to meet a Plan representative at the Plan’s office, that person will be contacted directly.
Training for staff
The CAAT Pension Plan will provide training to all its employees.
Training will include:
- An overview of the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 (AODA) and the requirements of the customer service standard;
- The CAAT Pension Plan’s official plan related to the customer service standard;
- How to interact and communicate with people with various types of disabilities;
- How to interact with people with disabilities who use an assistive device or require the assistance of a service animal or a support person;
- How to use the TTY that may help with providing services to people with hearing disabilities;
- What to do if a person with a disability is having difficulty in accessing the Plan’s services; and
- Plan staff will also be informed when changes are made to this plan.
Persons who wish to provide feedback on the way the CAAT Pension Plan provides services to people with disabilities can do so in person, by email, or by calling or writing the Plan.
All feedback will be directed to the Chief Human Resources Officer or her designate. Individuals can expect to hear back within 15 days.
Complaints will be addressed according to the Plan’s regular complaint management procedures.
To obtain the Plan’s documents on Accessibility and for any questions about the CAAT Pension Plan Accessible Service Plan, please contact the Plan at 416-673-9000 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Visit the Contact us page for our mailing address.