In this important role, you will help develop and utilize new tools to properly value benefits and measure risks in non-routine situations. You will support the Growth Team in analyzing trends and performing actuarial projections. You will be involved in a wide range of day-to-day tasks, internal projects, and special activities associated with the Plan's growth initiative.
We are looking for someone with the following attributes:
- A Bachelor's degree in Actuarial Science, Statistics or Mathematics
Associate, Canadian Institute of Actuaries (ACIA)/Associate of the Society of Actuaries (ASA) designation or actively working towards an actuarial designation strongly preferred
- Three (3) or more years of progressive professional experience in the actuarial area of the pension industry and a thorough understanding of pension calculations and process improvement make you an ideal candidate.
- You must also have significant abilities with financial, analytical, and modeling skills.
In addition, we are looking for someone with the following attributes:
Superior analytical thinking skills with the ability to evaluate complex situations and synthesize relevant information
- Adaptable in changing work environments
Strong business acumen, sound judgment and a high level of integrity
- Action-oriented with a high degree of initiative and the ability to shift and manage multiple priorities
- Emphasis on data analysis for special projects and actuarial support around potential mergers with other pension plans
- A key member of the actuarial team responsible for both improvement of existing tools and development of new tools as required
- Work with Plan staff from various teams to resolve complex pension-related issues and high-risk or complicated benefit calculations
- In conjunction with the actuarial team prepare responses to questions submitted by Plan staff or stakeholders
- Support actuarial filings and related funding analysis, complete peer reviews ensuring the accuracy of all filings and analysis
- Support strategic initiatives by providing actuarial analysis and interpreting Plan provisions
- Monitor and contribute to the preparation of quarterly statistical reports
Demonstrate creativity and innovation with problem-solving, and identify opportunities to improve processes
- Monitor pension industry practices while maintaining up to date knowledge on applicable pension legislation
If you would like to be considered, please email us at email@example.com with Actuarial Analyst in the subject line.
We recruit and select the most qualified candidates, and thank all applicants for their interest but only those considered for an interview will be contacted.
CAAT Pension Plan is an equal opportunity employer that supports abilities and diversity of all kinds. If you require accommodation during the recruiting and selection process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call Human Resources at 416-673-9000.