We have an exciting new opportunity for an Associate Portfolio Manager, Public Markets to work within our Investment team.
The Associate Portfolio Manager will be responsible for assisting the Portfolio Manager, Public Markets in the identification, evaluation, selection, and monitoring of CAAT’s public markets investments across different asset classes. The investments will be in a diversified portfolio primarily through fund allocations (in long-only, hedge funds and alternative structures). The position will have exposure to a unique set of career development opportunities.
We are looking for someone who has:
- Experience in the search, selection, and monitoring of external investment managers (both traditional and hedge funds) or in direct investments
- Strong understanding of diverse areas within capital markets and of portfolio management
- Excellent due diligence, data analysis and financial modelling skills
- Ability to adapt to new challenges, find solutions and innovate
- Strong oral and written communication skills, and experience recommending investment ideas to senior management
Your Undergraduate Degree from an accredited institution paired with a professional designation such as MBA, CFA, or CA, along with a minimum of five (5) years’ experience in an investment setting at a pension fund or asset management firm help to make you an ideal candidate. Knowledge of a programming language (Visual Basic, MATLAB, Python etc.) is a plus. You must have strong attention to detail. Working collaboratively in a small, informal team setting or independently with solid prioritization and organizational skills are important assets to have.
Once here, you will:
- Support the screening, due diligence, recommendation, and monitoring of external managers
- Prepare the reports for senior management and Investment Committee
- Maintain and improve reporting, risk management and analytical tools
- Build and maintain strong relationships with external partners
- Work with other teams (Investment Finance, etc.) to implement approved investments
- Gather required information for quarterly performance, risk and exposure reporting, and assist in the production of these reports
- Collaborate with the Private Markets team on investment opportunities and cash flow needs as appropriate
- Assist with tactical asset allocation analysis as appropriate
- Participate in the team’s effort to develop a holistic investment approach that permits timely analysis of opportunities
- Analyze large amount of data and bring forward interesting investment and/or hedging ideas
- Take appropriate steps to remain current on institutional investment trends, strategies, and best practices
What does CAAT offer you and what should you know about us?
- We are the proud recipient of Canada's Most Admired Corporate Cultures 2019 – 2020 and Greater Toronto's Top Employers 2020 & 2021, which speaks to our exceptional workplace culture
- We provide a flexible and friendly work environment, membership in CAAT’s defined benefit (DB) pension plan, a comprehensive health and dental benefits package, life insurance and a Goodlife fitness membership
- We offer support for your career development goals including a tuition reimbursement program
- We are conveniently located at the Eaton Centre in downtown Toronto with ready access to the subway and PATH systems
- We believe the success of the Plan is grounded in its expertise as well as its values of integrity, teamwork, and a trusting, respectful working environment
- Additional information about the CAAT Pension Plan can be found at www.caatpension.ca
If you are interested, please email your cover letter and resume to email@example.com with Associate Portfolio Manager, Public Markets in the subject line by Friday, January 22, 2021.
We recruit and select the most qualified candidates. We thank all applicants for their interest, but only those considered for an interview will be contacted.
CAAT Pension Plan is an equal opportunity employer that supports abilities and diversity of all kinds. If you require accommodation during the recruiting and selection process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.