We are looking for an experienced, client focused Director, Member Services to join our Service Delivery Team.
The Director, Member Services is responsible for directing the strategic focus of the Member Services team. Reporting to the Vice President, Service Delivery, the Director is responsible for setting the strategic direction for the portfolio in alignment with the overall Service Delivery business strategy and road map. This includes overseeing strategic initiatives and developing resource plans to enable teams to deliver effectively and efficiently in the future mode of operation and beyond. The Director will lead and support teams in the adoption of new tools, strategies and best practices required to support the growing Plan membership, including change management for members and the team. Initiatives include member and employer portals, administration for pension jurisdictions across Canada, and payroll-based reporting.
We are looking for someone with the following attributes:
- Strong leadership skills with a demonstrated track record of success in developing high performing team
- Experience implementing new tools and technology, managing and engaging teams through periods of significant growth and transformation
- Demonstrated success in strategic planning, project management and implementations, analytical thinking and trend analysis
- Effective oral and written communication skills
Undergraduate degree along with a pension related professional designation. An equivalent combination of education and work experience may be considered. Minimum 15 years of professional pension administration experience within a MEPP or public sector pension plan, and/or with administration service provider is required. A minimum of 10 years of formal people leadership experience is expected.
- You will ensure the delivery of high-quality best-in-class customer service and plan administration provided by the Member Services team.
- You will direct and oversee the team’s activities to ensure compliance with policies, provincial and federal legislation, the Plan’s provisions and established service standards.
- Oversee the services provided by third party administration partners and maintain good working relationships.
- You will provide effective leadership in the recruiting, training and development of the team’s staff by establishing objectives, evaluating performance and scheduling appropriate training for the delivery of pension administration services.
- You will maintain deep technical understanding of Plan text, applicable legislation (Provincial pension regulations), pension administration system, and develop and implement changes to pension administration processes and procedures to provide appropriate interpretation of Plan text in transactions with stakeholders.
- You will participate within management committees to oversee the progress of key strategic and operational projects.
- You will lead or participate in various strategic and operational projects: develop project scope and timeline in alignment with overall CAAT business plan; manage projects, secure resources, provide status updates and manage risk and scope to ensure successful completion
- You will work collaboratively with Finance department to ensure the accurate and timely payment of pension entitlements and manage the relationship with the pension payment service provider.
What does CAAT offer you and what should you know about us?
- We are the proud recipient of Canada's Most Admired Corporate Cultures 2019 - 2020 and Greater Toronto's Top Employers 2020 & 2021, which speaks to our exceptional workplace culture.
- We provide a flexible and friendly work environment, membership in CAAT’s defined benefit (DB) pension plan, a comprehensive health and dental benefits package, life insurance, wellness programs and support for your career development goals.
- We are conveniently located at the Eaton Centre in downtown Toronto next to Queen Subway Station, with ready access to multiple TTC routes, GO Transit, and PATH systems. We are working remotely at present due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
- We believe the success of the Plan is grounded in its expertise as well as its values of integrity, teamwork, and a trusting, respectful working environment.
If you are interested, please email us at email@example.com with Director, Member Services in the subject line by March 12, 2021.
We recruit and select the most qualified candidates and thank all applicants for their interest but only those considered for an interview will be contacted.
CAAT Pension Plan is an equal opportunity employer that supports abilities and diversity of all kinds. If you require accommodation during the recruiting and selection process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call Human Resources at 416-673-9000.