We are looking for a talented and experienced Manager, Communications Services to join our Communications team.
This position will build an in-house agency to drive innovation, implement communications and marketing best practices and exceed the expectations of internal customers at CAAT.
Working in close collaboration with other Communications team leaders, the successful candidate will be responsible for building creative project management processes, creating appropriate service level agreements, and setting and tracking relevant key performance indicators. She/he will be a gifted marketer, with creative experience on both the agency and client side. The successful candidate will be a caring leader, with a proven ability to inspire teams to new levels of achievement. Finally, she/he should have direct experience managing technical marketing, including web design, email marketing, market research, translation, and graphic design.
We are looking for someone with the following attributes:
- Client focused approach, with a desire to use innovative marketing communications strategies and tactics to support CAAT’s business objectives
- Rich marketing technical skills, including email marketing, SEM / SEO, survey development, market research, graphic design, process documentation, project management, etc.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; including content strategy/framework development, writing, editing and proofreading skills.
- Skilled in Plain Language, with proven ability to convert complex information to content that is straightforward, easy to read, understand, and use.
- Strong business acumen, with common sense and know-how pertaining to tonality and messaging with various audiences.
- Proven ability to work well in a highly matrixed organization, with managers and employees of all levels, advising and gathering, preparing, and vetting material in a poised and tactful manner.
- Proven ability to work in a fast-paced environment with multiple projects and competing deadlines, exercising attention to detail and strong project management skills.
- Proven leadership abilities, with the desire to grow into a people management role.
- A self-starter with demonstrated initiative, able to learn and ramp-up on projects quickly.
- A true collegial team player who is enthusiastic, while being resilient and adaptable to unforeseen project changes.
- Results oriented and client focused with a commitment to excellence.
- Strong attention to detail and time management skills with minimal need for oversight.
- Well-honed computer and software skills (i.e. MS Office, PPT, InDesign, Basecamp and other systems).
- Public-sector and/or private-sector experience and experience in financial services
- Demonstrated ability to build and sustain relationships.
- Experience building and maintaining brand presence to help achieve an organizational mission.
Your College Diploma or University Degree in marketing or communications, with communications experience gained through positions in corporate communications, public relations, marketing or government, as well as, 7-10 years marketing experience, 3-5 years’ experience in a leadership capacity, and 1-3 years of leadership experience within an agency environment, makes you an ideal candidate.
Once here you will:
- Create an in-house marketing agency, including creative project management processes, creating appropriate service level agreements, and setting and tracking relevant key performance indicators.
- Collaborate with internal colleagues to provide marketing advice and support that meets the unique needs of various CAAT audiences, including employers, members, prospective employers, etc.
- Provide market research support to CAAT, including survey development, tracking, analysis and focus group management / moderation.
- Lead the production of communications material that support key phases of the engagement and implementation stages for organizations who express interest in, and join, the CAAT Pension Plan.
- Lead the development and implementation of digital content and interactive tools to support CAAT, working closely with IT, Communications and Actuarial teams.
- Serve as both the technical and creative communications expert to CAAT, providing counsel on fact-based requirements, whilst recommending strategic approaches to engage audiences more effectively.
- Utilize experience across a range of vehicles and approaches – such as pitch documents, podcasts, corporate storytelling, videos, presentations, webcasts, and information packages – to effectively recommend, lead and implement a robust and integrated communication program for each growth/implementation project.
- Create regular reports, including update reports for work in progress and post-mortem reports for major projects.
- Guide both direct and indirect Communications staff and other cross-functional members.
If you are interested, please apply here or Email firstname.lastname@example.org by May 12, 2021 with Manager, Communications Services in the subject line.
We recruit and select the most qualified candidates and thank all applicants for their interest but only those considered for an interview will be contacted.
CAAT Pension Plan is an equal opportunity employer that supports abilities and diversity of all kinds. If you require accommodation during the recruiting and selection process, please contact us at email@example.com or call Human Resources at 416-673-9000.