Are you passionate about helping people retire with greater financial security?
Do you believe in the strength of modern defined benefit pension plans? Do you thrive working in a fast-paced environment in a growing organization? Want to work with a dynamic and highly engaged team of talented professionals who are making a difference?
If you answered yes to any of these questions, we are looking for you!
CAAT is a modern defined benefit pension plan and industry-leading innovator in helping more Canadian workplaces and their employees participate in a sustainable pension plan. We are seen as one of the most successful plans in Canada…and we’re growing!
We are looking for a creative Manager, Employer Communications to join our Communications team where the work will be dynamic and fast paced.
Leading the Employer Communication group, this position will develop and execute a strategy to continuously improve Plan communications to provide employers with enhanced value – driving increased employer awareness, engagement, and affinity. Working in collaboration with teams across CAAT, the successful candidate will use research, data, and analysis to develop new insights into the needs and current experience of the employer audience, with the ultimate goal of creating Employer Plan Champions. He/she will be a gifted marketing leader, with rich experience in B2B marketing, including storytelling / content management, thought leadership, direct and digital marketing, with a strong background in administrative best practices. Finally, the successful candidate will have the ability to craft targeted communications for a diverse set of audiences, including external organizations.
We are looking for someone with the following attributes:
- Client focused approach, with a desire to use innovative marketing communications strategies and tactics to support the CAAT business objectives.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; including content strategy/framework development, writing, editing and proofreading skills.
- Diverse and broad range of communication skills – able to write both short, snappy communication and longer in-depth material, for both broad and specific audience groups.
- A “growth” mindset – focused on continually improving processes and outcomes.
- Proven ability to convert complex information to content that is straightforward, easy to read, understand, and use.
- Proven ability to work in a fast-paced environment with multiple projects and competing deadlines, exercising attention to detail and strong project management skills.
- Proven leadership abilities, with the desire to grow into a people management role.
- A self-starter with demonstrated initiative, able to learn and ramp-up on projects quickly.
- A true collegial team player who is enthusiastic, while being resilient and adaptable to unforeseen project changes.
- Results oriented and client focused with a commitment to excellence.
A University degree in business, marketing or public relations, with a strong focus on writing abilities, along with 7-10 years of written and oral communication experience, 3-5 years experience in a leadership capacity and 1-3 years’ experience in B2B marketing, with skills in email marketing, sales funnel activities and touch points, make you an ideal candidate.
Must have public-sector and/or private-sector experience, with organizations that have a high-degree of communication engagement with numerous stakeholder groups (members/customers, employers, associations, unions, etc.) and solid experience in both external and internal communications across a variety of channels, including digital and social media platforms. Must have well honed computer and software skills (i.e. MS Office and other systems) and previous experience managing a direct report is required, along with demonstrated ability to build and sustain relationships.
Once here you will:
- Shape and codify CAAT’s employer strategy, which will encompass onboarding materials, employer portal content, regulatory materials, and other marketing opportunities.
- Co-lead Employer Plan Champions Strategy and tactical implementation plans to maximize employer satisfaction and engagement, while also driving new levels of employer action and advocacy for CAAT.
- Lead the development and production of communications material that support Plan employers at key phases of their relationship with CAAT, with a focus on creating an excellent experience:
- New employer onboarding process.
- Ongoing administrative activities
- Attend all Employer Onboarding and Communications team meetings, acting as a key liaison between teams to share information, best practices, and marketing opportunities
- Develop material that is often very detailed, complex, and lengthy, whose content and accuracy pose extensive reputational risk to the organization. Frequently, the material is highly confidential in nature, where extreme prudence and thoroughness must be applied.
- Keep apprised of issues and developments within the industry and amongst our stakeholders, to provide timely insights and recommendations on communication approach and content, for sensitive and/or complex matters.
- Ensure team members are kept apprised of project deliverables and status, obtain input from subject-matter experts, and secure required legal and policy approval on content produced.
- Contribute to the development and implementation of digital content and interactive tools to support employer communications, working closely with Service Delivery, IT, Employer Onboarding, and Communications Teams.
- Serve as both the technical and creative communications expert to Employer Communication group, providing counsel on fact-based requirements, and recommending strategic approaches to engage audiences more effectively.
- Proactively recommend the appropriate communication vehicle and content at each phase of the employer decision-making journey.
- Manage several projects simultaneously, each at varying stages, utilizing strong project management skills and an attentive mindset to maintain clarity on individual project details.
Guide both direct and indirect Communications staff and other cross-functional members.
- Demonstrate, support and encourage the CAAT values of integrity, teamwork and impact within the department, and the pillars of our organizational culture, including respect and trust, energy and optimism, open communication, promoting growth and well-being.
What does CAAT offer you and what should you know about us?
- We are the proud recipient of Canada's Most Admired Corporate Cultures and Greater Toronto's Top Employers 2020 which speaks to our exceptional workplace culture.
- We provide a flexible and friendly work environment, a comprehensive health and dental benefits package, life insurance and a Goodlife fitness membership.
- We offer support for your career development goals.
- We are conveniently located at the Eaton Center in downtown Toronto with ready access to the subway and PATH systems.
If you are interested, please email email@example.com by Friday, November 27, 2020 with Manager, Employer Communication in the subject line.
We recruit and select the most qualified candidates, and thank all applicants for their interest, but only those considered for an interview will be contacted.
CAAT Pension Plan is an equal opportunity employer that supports abilities and diversity of all kinds. If you require accommodation during the recruiting and selection process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.