We are looking for a detail oriented, client-focused Pension Education Specialist to join our expanding Pension Solutions team.
This role is important because you will be responsible for supporting the merger process by enhancing member and stakeholder groups’ understanding of the features and value of DBplus and the CAAT pension by delivering energetic, engaging member and stakeholder group information sessions off site.
The Pension Education Specialist will:
- Promote and market features of the Plan to wide audience
- Promote a general awareness of CAAT Plan joint governance structure
- Promote, coordinate, manage and deliver in-person member and employer information sessions.
We are looking for someone with the following attributes:
- Analytical skills are required, as well as attention to detail, a mathematical aptitude, excellent problem solving and time management skills.
- Proficient with using PowerPoint and Excel.
- Excellent public speaking and written communication skills required. Ability to interact well with members and employers at different levels.
- A strong understanding of DB plans and the risks and the challenges they face.
- Current driver’s licence valid in Ontario is required.
- Experience in adult learning would be an asset.
Your College Diploma or University Degree, as well as, 3-5 years of experience in MEPP or public sector pension administration or an outsourcing service provider, understanding of pension administration, and working knowledge of pension plan policies and procedures, makes you an ideal candidate. You must also have or be actively pursuing your CEBS, PPAC, CFP, or CBP designations.
Once here you will:
- Deliver member online and on-site presentations at employer and/or union locations. Participate in member one-on-one sessions as requested
- Attend and provide regular reports to the Lead/Growth Education and/or Director, Pension Solutions
- Working with Communication, Transition, Member and Employer Onboarding, and Actuarial teams, coordinate the development of member presentation content, including existing sessions, and new sessions:
- Assist with the revisions to slides, based on Plan’s key messages
- Ensure all presentation materials are up-to-date based on current information, rates, legislative and Plan requirements
- Write and edit scripts or talking notes
- Help to develop presentation promotional material. Ensure promotional material up to date
- Provide training, support and coaching for colleagues who deliver presentations.
- Coordinate all Plan member presentations including:
- Coordinate with Lead, Growth Education on session logistics/additional staff attendance as required.
- Collect, summarize and report on informal and formal feedback from the sessions to report on and make recommendations to improve presentations and the effectiveness of promotional materials and marketing plans.
- Work with Communication teams to develop support materials for on-site member sessions.
- As requested, assist with internal training needs:
- Support colleagues in preparing presentation material that delivers Plan’s key messages at a high standard
- Provide assistance with PowerPoint, including working with Communications to maintain master templates.
- On occasion, participate in employer training for individual employers and group sessions, as part of the Employer Education program.
- Work with Growth team on training staff.
- Be a Plan champion.
- Work with communications team to help develop Web versions of presentation material.
- Establish a thorough understanding of Plan provisions and be able to explain them simply and clearly.
- Support overall CAAT Plan objectives and initiatives as required, with a key focus on DBplus.
- Awareness of emerging risks and challenges to the Plan and other public sector pension plans.
- Awareness of the work being done to promote DB pensions.
- Other duties as assigned.
What does CAAT offer you and what should you know about us?
- We are the proud recipient of Canada's Most Admired Corporate Cultures 2019 - 2020 and Greater Toronto's Top Employers 2020 & 2021, which speaks to our exceptional workplace culture.
- We provide a flexible and friendly work environment, membership in CAAT’s defined benefit (DB) pension plan, a comprehensive health and dental benefits package, life insurance, wellness programs and support for your career development goals.
- We are conveniently located at the Eaton Centre in downtown Toronto next to Queen Subway Station, with ready access to multiple TTC routes, GO Transit, and PATH systems. We are working remotely at present due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
- We believe the success of the Plan is grounded in its expertise as well as its values of integrity, teamwork, and a trusting, respectful working environment.
If you are interested, please email us at email@example.com with Pension Education Specialist in the subject line by March 12, 2021.
We recruit and select the most qualified candidates and thank all applicants for their interest but only those considered for an interview will be contacted.
CAAT Pension Plan is an equal opportunity employer that supports abilities and diversity of all kinds. If you require accommodation during the recruiting and selection process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call Human Resources at 416-673-9000.