We have an exciting new opportunity for a Portfolio Manager, Public Markets to work within our Investment team.
The Portfolio Manager, Public Markets plays a key role in the management of the public markets investment program at CAAT, including investments in public equities, fixed income, hedge funds, and overlay mandates. The Portfolio Manager, Public Markets will also support and prepare the public markets investment program for expected growth in Plan assets.
We are looking for someone who has:
- Experience in the search, selection, and monitoring of external investment managers in public markets (both traditional and hedge funds) or in direct investments
- Strong understanding of diverse areas within capital markets and of portfolio management
- Ability to adapt to new challenged, find solutions and innovate
- Strong oral and written communication skills, and experience recommending investment ideas to senior management
Your Undergraduate Degree in Finance or equivalent from an accredited institution paired with a professional designation such as MBA, CFA, FSA, FCIA, or CA, along with a minimum of ten (10) years’ experience in an investment setting at a pension fund or asset management firm help to make you an ideal candidate. You must have strong attention to detail. Working collaboratively in a small, informal team setting or independently with solid prioritization and organizational skills are important assets to have.
Once here, you will:
- Play a key role in the ongoing management of CAAT’s public markets portfolio
- Participate in the team’s effort to develop a holistic investment approach that permits timely analysis of opportunities
- Research and recommend active management strategies with the goal of adding value above policy benchmarks. Your focus will be on CAAT’s active equity program, but you will participate in discussions across all asset classes
- Lead the search process for new external managers, prepare hiring recommendation reports for new investment manager mandates, and present recommendations to the Managing Director, Chief Investment Officer, and Investment Committee as appropriate
- Build and maintain strong relationships with external partners
- Ensure agreements and mandates are consistent with CAAT investment policy and relevant tax and pension legislation
- Gather required information for quarterly performance, risk and exposure reporting, and assist in the production of these reports
- Collaborate with the Private Markets team on investment opportunities and cash flow needs as appropriate.
- Oversee the process of rebalancing assets between managers
- Take appropriate steps to remain current on institutional investment trends, strategies, and best practices
- As appropriate, bring forward tactical investment opportunities and/or hedging strategies
What does CAAT offer you and what should you know about us?
- We are the proud recipient of Canada's Most Admired Corporate Cultures 2019 – 2020 and Greater Toronto's Top Employers 2020 & 2021, which speaks to our exceptional workplace culture
- We provide a flexible and friendly work environment, membership in CAAT’s defined benefit (DB) pension plan, a comprehensive health and dental benefits package, life insurance and a Goodlife fitness membership
- We offer support for your career development goals including a tuition reimbursement program
- We are conveniently located at the Eaton Centre in downtown Toronto with ready access to the subway and PATH systems
- We believe the success of the Plan is grounded in its expertise as well as its values of integrity, teamwork, and a trusting, respectful working environment
- Additional information about the CAAT Pension Plan can be found at www.caatpension.ca
If you are interested, please email your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with Portfolio Manager, Public Markets in the subject line by Friday, January 22, 2021.
We recruit and select the most qualified candidates and thank all applicants for their interest but only those considered for an interview will be contacted.
CAAT Pension Plan is an equal opportunity employer that supports abilities and diversity of all kinds. If you require accommodation during the recruiting and selection process, please contact us at email@example.com or call Human Resources at 416-673-9000.