We are looking for a talented and experienced Senior Communications Specialist, Member Communications to join our team on a contract basis.
In this role, you will join the dynamic Communications team and develop content for websites, portals, and other member-facing communications products. Working with the Communications team and a cross section of colleagues from across the organization, you will support ongoing development of web properties, and other technical content.
We are looking for someone with the following attributes:
- Demonstrated ability to turn complex and technical information into engaging, readable content for a broad audience
- Experience creating content for online applications, and knowledge of best practices for writing in the online space for improving the user experience and adhering to AODA guidelines
- Familiarity with software development methodology and processes
- Skilled at working with technical teams to ensure communications content goals are achieved
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills, with a passion for creating engaging communications material
- Demonstrated ability to think conceptually and creatively
- Knowledge of current and emerging communications / marketing theories, principles, and concepts
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment leading multiple projects with competing deadlines
- Excellent analytical skills and attention to detail
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and good judgement; a strong team player who collaborates and shares ideas and knowledge
- Adaptable to changing priorities and a keen willingness to learn
- Strong Microsoft Office and other technical skills, with an eagerness to learn new applications, tools and technologies
Your College Diploma or University Degree in public relations, marketing, or communications, with a strong program focus on writing abilities, plus your six years’ written and oral communication experience makes you a great candidate. Your ability to lead and develop strategies from concept to implementation, and to focus on the needs of a key stakeholder audience makes you the ideal candidate.
Once here you will be focused on member communications in various digital properties:
- You will be the primary communications professional developing and implementing digital content for interactive tools and member facing web products.
- Working with a cross-department team, you will support the development of online tools and products by producing engaging content that adheres to branding standards, observes the CAAT tone and voice, and follows best practices for user experience and AODA compliance.
- You will help develop decision-support products (e.g., online tools, documents, and communications in a variety of media) that increase members’ understanding of their pension.
- You will recommend digital marketing tactics to broaden the organization’s reach to members.
- You will work closely with member and employer communications leadership to develop strategic communications plans for writing and editing of communication material.
- You will work with different teams across the organization to ensure that program deliverables are engaging, effective and produced on time.
- You will collaborate with internal teams to coordinate the design, translation, and deployment of communication material.
- You will support the organization’s strategic objectives and initiatives, and their adoption throughout the organization.
- You will facilitate the timely and efficient delivery of accurate information to stakeholders and provide recommendations on communication approach and content.
If you are interested, please apply here or Email firstname.lastname@example.org by May 12, 2021 with Senior Communications Specialist, Member Communications in the subject line.
We recruit and select the most qualified candidates and thank all applicants for their interest but only those considered for an interview will be contacted.
CAAT Pension Plan is an equal opportunity employer that supports abilities and diversity of all kinds. If you require accommodation during the recruiting and selection process, please contact us at email@example.com or call Human Resources at 416-673-9000.