We are looking for a detail oriented, client-focused Senior Business Development Specialist to join our expanding Pension Solutions team.
The Senior Business Development Specialist is a consummate sales professional who is skilled in relationship management and evolving leads into joining CAAT to support the growth of a modern defined benefit pension plan. Reporting to the Director, Pension Solutions, this role will act as a business development subject matter expert, developing leading procedures, practices, and training to drive interest across all industries at various levels within organizations. As a business development subject matter expert, the successful candidate assists in building robust reporting and key performance indicators on the sales process.
We are looking for someone with the following attributes:
- Subject matter expert in business development strategies and processes.
- Highly developed relationship management, research, and influencing skills to build sales interest.
- Demonstrated experience fostering B2B relationships and achieving B2B sales.
- Excellent public speaking and communication skills (includes building rapport through video presentations, as well as in person), with an emphasis on listening skills.
- Ability to interact well with all levels of employer interactions (Board, Committee, Employer Associations, Unions, and all levels of employees).
- A self-starter who accepts ownership and accountability for results.
- Strong ability to project a positive outlook and demonstrate an energetic, driven disposition.
- Demonstrates a high degree of flexibility and is comfortable with ambiguity related to a rapidly evolving offering.
- Demonstrates tact and diplomacy in all interactions.
- Understands collective bargaining processes and sensitivities.
- Understands and supports internal policies and approval processes and does not expose the organization to risks or commitments that cannot be delivered.
- Respects confidentiality in all circumstances.
- Ability to build and maintain trust, likeability, and confidence.
- Flexibility to work evenings and weekends if needed.
- Frequent travel within Canada is required
Your University Degree in Business Administration, Communications, Marketing, or equivalent combination of post-secondary education and industry experience, as well as, 5-10 years of progressive experience in business development with experience in institutional sales, makes you an ideal candidate. You must also have pension or financial industry experience, previous experience with CRM solutions and proficiency in the full Microsoft Suite (MS 365 is preferred).
Once here you will:
- Lead business development activities for segments of the Growth program from initial client communication, engagement, and needs assessments, ensuring their unique requirements are matched to CAAT solutions and their experiences are positive.
- Conduct research, executes cold calls, leads, or facilitates (depending on size and importance of organization and who the employer is participating) initial meetings with employer representatives, and develops relationships of strategic value with prospective employers to support CAAT’s growth strategy.
- Utilize strong communication, listening and customer relationship management skills to turn leads and cold calls into interested parties.
- Contribute to the creation of a business development program, including strategies from the planning stage through to execution.
- Assist with the tools and process supports around the CRM software (Salesforce) related to supporting the overall business development strategy.
- Use subject matter expertise to support the Pension Solutions department in leading practices related to a robust sales experience, including researching, and actively seeking out new business, developing and maintaining key relationships with prospective groups, and turning prospects into participants and ultimately plan champions.
- Bring an analytical focus to business development based on leading and innovative practices and recommends improvements to the CRM tools to maximize the capabilities of the CRM.
- Implement business development reports related to key performance indicators.
- Work collaboratively with internal business partners and other key stakeholders.
- Facilitates meetings across all platforms (e.g. in person, and video conference).
- Attend employer networking events.
- Demonstrate, supports, and promotes the CAAT values of integrity, teamwork, and the pillars of our organizational culture, including respect and trust, energy and optimism, open communication, growth, and well-being.
What does CAAT offer you and what should you know about us?
- We are the proud recipient of Canada's Most Admired Corporate Cultures 2019 - 2020 and Greater Toronto's Top Employers 2020 & 2021 which speaks to our exceptional workplace culture
- We provide a flexible and friendly work environment, membership in CAAT's defined benefit (DB) pension plan, a comprehensive health and dental benefits package, life insurance and a Goodlife fitness membership
- We offer support for your career development goals including a tuition reimbursement program
- We are conveniently located at the Eaton Centre in downtown Toronto with ready access to the subway and PATH systems
If you are interested, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by January 22, 2021 with Senior Business Development Specialist in the subject line.
We recruit and select the most qualified candidates and thank all applicants for their interest but only those considered for an interview will be contacted.
CAAT Pension Plan is an equal opportunity employer that supports abilities and diversity of all kinds. If you require accommodation during the recruiting and selection process, please contact us at email@example.com or call Human Resources at 416-673-9000.