How do I go about splitting my pension?


If you wish to split your pension from the CAAT Plan, you can do it each year when you file your income taxes. Both you and your spouse complete and sign the form, T1032 Joint Election to Split Pension Income, which should be included in your income tax package. You must both include a copy of the form with your returns each time you file.